Related Posts

Share This

What To Know About Filing For VA Benefits In Columbus Ohio

Military veterans who have served honorably are entitled to a wide range of benefits. To apply they are required to correctly fill out all of the necessary forms and submit them to the Veterans Administration. Any veterans who may need help with the process should consider contacting attorneys who have experience in helping clients obtain VA benefits in Columbus Ohio. Many legal counselors offer the consultations free and can advise veterans on all of the benefits they may be entitled to receive.

One of the benefits most commonly used is the Post-9/11 GI-Bill that pays the cost of a college education. To be eligible a veteran must have served at least 90 days of service after September 10, 2001 and have an honorable discharge. Any veterans who have a service connected disability can apply for the education benefits if they served at least 30 days. Veterans receive up to 36 months of compensation that must be used within 15 years of their discharge. Benefits are paid for undergraduate and graduate degrees, on-the-job training, vocational and technical training programs among others. Some veterans may be able to transfer their education benefits to their dependents.

The VA provides a variety of compensation programs for veterans who were disabled while on duty or who had a prior disability that was aggravated during their tours of duty. Many times veterans may have a disease or other disorder that was not diagnosed until they are were of uniform. An attorney can educate disabled veterans about the compensation they are entitled to when they file for VA benefits Columbus Ohio. The VA must determine the veteran is at least 10% disabled before awarding benefits. Basically the disability compensation is a tax free amount paid directly to veterans.

Veterans may also want to consult with a lawyer to find out what evidence they need in filing one of the two types of claims for VA benefits in Columbus Ohio. The claim that may get the quickest response from the VA is known as the Fully Developed Claim. Veterans must have all their health records and personnel files and provide them to the agency. The second type is the Standard Claim, which means the VA will be responsible for obtaining all of the necessary paperwork evidence. This type may take much longer because the agency needs to obtain records relating to the claim from all of the veteran’s private doctors, hospitals or former employers.

Be the first to like.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
Be Sociable, Share!